The 2020/2021 school year is under development.
If you are new to the area and/or want to register you child now, please send an email to: NACHaS Huntsville and we will contact you regarding late registration.
NACHaS is an all-volunteer, lay-led religious school in Huntsville, AL. Our school is joint-venture between two of Huntsville’s Jewish congregations: Temple B’nai Sholom and Huntsville Conservative Synagogue.
- At NACHaS, we believe our children should strengthen their faith in God, their love of Torah, and their identification with the Jewish people. We hope to inspire a strong sense of Jewish community and enrich their observance of Jewish practices, literacy, education and values.
- To make a sincere effort to help each student cultivate a sense of pride in being Jewish, and comfort and joy in their Judaism.
- To develop a sense of respect and caring for each other and a greater feeling of spirituality leading to good deeds and faith in G-d.
- To instill a sense of responsibility for ourselves and those less fortunate through active, personal participation in Tzedakah, T’filah and Tikkun Olam.
- To familiarize students with Jewish observance through worship and prayer including study, attendance at religious services, and special holiday celebrations.
- To familiarize students with Torah, Jewish ethics, modern Israel and to convey an awareness of and appreciation for the richness of Jewish history and literature.
- To stimulate a process of continuous learning and living which extends beyond the Religious School and lasts a lifetime.
The 2020-21 School Calendar is under development. A working draft proposal is available here.
School meets from 10 AM to noon on Sunday mornings at Temple B’nai Sholom August-May with special events at Etz Chayim Congregation.